*All puppies subject to 7% Iowa sales tax* *Prices subject to change on unreserved puppies* *We reserve the right to reserve any puppy at any time*
DEPOSIT INFO ~ THE BASICS So, you have gotten to know us, our dogs, and our program a bit, and you are wondering what steps you need to take to bring one of these amazing puppies home! We require a $300 non-refundable deposit (which applies to the total price of the puppy) to hold a puppy, or to secure your place in line to pick from a litter. To make a deposit, you may either use PayPal, ApplePay, cash, or personal check. A second $300 payment is required at selection time when the puppies are 3-4 weeks old (more details following). The remaining amount may be paid in full any time at or before pick up, using cash, ApplePay, or PayPal. Personal check is also accepted for final payment, but would need to be received at least two weeks in advance of pick up so that it has time to clear the bank before your puppy is picked up. If you decide to use PayPal for the final payment, you will need to cover the 3% PayPal fee.
DEPOSIT INFORMATION ~ A MORE IN-DEPTH BREAKDOWN We have been very blessed and humbled as our business has grown, and more and more families have entrusted us to raise a companion for their family. As that happens, it becomes less likely that you will be able to "see a cute puppy and reserve it", as more and more of our puppies are reserved before birth~and often even before conception. Because of that, our deposit process has become more involved. In the past, we have been shocked and frustrated with the lack of clear information on breeders' websites, and we want to strive to make your experience with us as pleasant and informative as possible. We have worked hard to come up with a clear process that allows for the needs of all involved and takes as much into consideration as possible! I will do my best to walk you step by step through the process below. If, after reading through it, you still have questions, don't hesitate to contact us!
1. Making a deposit is choosing us as the caretakers you want to raise your Aussiedoodle for you, not choosing a specific pup. As I stated above, more and more often, our pups have deposits placed on them before they are born and often even before they are conceived. Though it may still happen from time to time that we have puppies older than 3 weeks old available, it is becoming more rare. Placing a deposit with us says: I've done my research, I've learned about your program and the steps you take to raise amazing dogs, and I want you to raise a pup for me!I want to be part of the Far Hill Family!! It means you have your questions answered for now, understand our process, and want to make the commitment of the non-refundable $300 deposit to hold your place in line to choose a puppy. It means you are committing to giving one of our babies a home in a reasonable amount of time. We love to visit with our families and answer any questions they may have, but please know that no matter how many contacts back and forth we have had, until you place the deposit, you are not on the list to get a puppy. Once you have placed your deposit, your spot in line is reserved and you will be updated as things happen. New names are always added to the bottom of the list.
2. Understand and remember that there are a lot of things that are out of our control! The process of having healthy puppies to select from involves many things that have to take place that are out of our hands! A mama dog only cycles every 5-8 months~which makes it very hard to know when to expect litters with much accuracy very far out. Instead, we are only able to work with educated guesses and averages for quite a bit of the time. If something doesn't go quite right in a cycle, as sometimes happens, we enter that lengthy wait period again! If everything goes right with her cycle, we still have to have a successful breeding. Then we have to have a successful, healthy pregnancy and delivery! And, when all of that goes right, then we enter into the delicate first few weeks of life with tiny puppies when so many things can go wrong! Needless to say, there are many steps of faith and prayers needed to get to when you can select a puppy!! And of course, we have no idea how many puppies to expect or how many of each sex~we can only go by educated guesses and averages. This is one reason we work off of one deposit list, not separate lists for individual litters. We feel this is most fair and that it speeds the process along as quickly as possible for all of our families.
3. Placing a deposit is the time to let us know what specifics you are looking for or needing in a few specific areas. A. Timing~ There are many things to consider when bringing home a puppy, but one of the biggest things is timing. When you place your deposit, let us know if you have a time frame you are looking for. For example, are you completely renovating your home this year, but know you want a puppy next year? Do you have a big event coming next summer, but want a puppy as soon after that as possible? We strongly suggest that as soon as you have decided you want to be a part of our program, even if it might be a while before you're ready for your puppy, go ahead and place a deposit. That way, you can be climbing up the list as you wait for the timing to be right. If you wait to place your deposit until you're ready for your puppy, you may find there are several people ahead of you and it will be quite a while before you can bring a puppy home! We have no idea how fast or slow the deposit list will grow. There are times we don't get a new deposit for several weeks, and other times we get 2 in a weekend! If you know we are the program for you, jump on the list! Families on our deposit list with specified dates beside their names are those that have communicated to us they are waiting for a specific timing. Those without dates are wanting a puppy as soon as possible. There is an 18-month time limit for how long a new Far Hill family has between placing a deposit and selecting a puppy. This ensures commitment to bringing a puppy home and keeps the list flowing fairly to all involved. And don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunity in that window of puppies to choose from! If at the time you place your deposit, you specify you are not ready to bring home a puppy until such and such a date, as discussed above, you will have B. Preference on gender/color/coat pattern~ When you place a deposit, we will ask questions to confirm what you are looking for as far as gender, color and markings go, as well as whether you are wanting a standard dog that will mature to between 50-65 pounds, or a moyen size that will mature to between 30-45. (For example, someone may be looking for a black bi/tri boy to add to their family.) If you don't have a preference or haven't decided, that's perfectly fine. It just gives us, and families who might follow on the deposit list, an idea. However, we do not lock you into those choices. When it's your turn to choose, you have the option of choosing from all available puppies, regardless of the preferences you have stated. For example, say a family has specified a blue merle male, but when your number comes due to choose, we no longer have one available. The family decides that regardless, the timing is perfect for them and they are perfectly happy choosing a black bi girl. We understand that this can complicate the process somewhat, but we think that is most fair for you and all of our families.
4. Puppies are chosen in numerical order from the deposit list, and you may not truly be behind as many people as it seems! When it is finally selection time, deposit order is selection order. Families will be contacted in the order they appear on the deposit list. Even if we know that your stated preferences cannot be fulfilled, whether the timing isn't what you specified, or we no longer have the color or marking you are looking for, we still contact you when your number comes due to verify nothing has changed. You may look at the deposit list and be disappointed that so many people are in front of you. Don't be! It can be somewhat deceptive. Say, for example, there are 15 people already on the list, but 5 of those have specified they don't want a puppy for close to a year. Of the remaining 10, 6 of them want merles as you do, but 4 of the 6 want females and you want a male. If all families stick to those preferences, you would technically in line for the third available male merle that we have. Like I said, it can be a little confusing! It really does not take that long, even for number #20 on the list, to have an opportunity to choose a puppy!
5. Deposits not only give entrance into our program, but are the first payment on a future puppy, and they lock you into current prices and procedures. We are often asked if the deposit is in addition to the price of the puppy. The answer is no~the deposit applies to the total price, and is your first payment on a future puppy. Raising quality puppies is a time-consuming and expensive task! We spend hours with each litter! We are constantly learning and striving to grow our business and improve in any way we can to supply you with quality Aussiedoodles. From time to time, that requires changes to our prices and/or procedures. When you place a deposit, you are locked into the prices and policies of that time, regardless of what they are when your puppy goes home. If, for whatever reason, you do not choose a puppy within the specified amount of time after your deposit, you are removed from the list. You may choose to use your deposit to rejoin the list again at any time and under the current prices and procedures.
6. Deposits are non-refundable. When you place a deposit, you are stating that you have read and understand our policies and procedures. When you place a deposit, you are placing a first payment on and committing to giving a home to a future puppy from our program in a reasonable amount of time. It means we are reserving a spot for you. It means we are committing to investing lots of time and attention to inform and update you as things progress, and many hours to raise a puppy for your family. It means it affects timing estimates we give to future families. Because of these reasons, ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. We do not refund deposits if you change your mind on a puppy. PLEASE make sure you have read through our procedures and asked any needed questions to be confident that you want to work with us before placing the deposit! If for some reason you decide that you can't or no longer want to bring home one of our puppies, please let us know as soon as possible. We won't be mad at you! It is critical that our list be as accurate as possible for all parties involved. PLEASE communicate throughout your time on the deposit list so that we know if anything in your intentions changes. That communication is crucial in communicating with other families and securing homes for our puppies. You can always decide to rejoin the list in the future. Your deposit will always have your name on it and can be applied to the current puppy prices and procedures whenever you decide you would like to be added back to the list!
7. Please follow up your deposit with a contact! Though it doesn't happen often, from time to time we will get an email notification that we have just been paid a deposit from someone we have had no contact from. It's not a problem~I mean who doesn't love finding out they've received money out of the blue😉 In fact, I hope that I have spelled everything out clearly enough to where you feel confident enough to place a deposit just with what you've read. It can create a problem, though, if there is no follow up contact. PayPal accounts are often linked to out of date or infrequently used emails and phone numbers! It can make it very hard to know how to contact and communicate with our new family! Please make sure to follow up a deposit with some sort of contact~email, text, phone call, Facebook message~ and let us know the following 3 pieces of information: 1. Your name 2. The best email(s) to reach you 3. The best phone number to reach you so that we can accurately communicate with you in the months to come to bring home one of these amazing babies!
OUR SELECTION PROCESS Now that you are familiar with our deposit process, you may be wondering what you can expect after a deposit is placed. Once you are on the deposit list, you will receive updates from us when there is news to share. Those on the deposit list will be the first to know when puppies are on the way. Once they have arrived, you can expect picture updates. (Who doesn't love puppy pictures🥰) We usually take individual pictures around 2-3 days old and again around 2 weeks. Our selection process starts when the puppies are 3-4 weeks old. There are a couple of key reasons we wait until then. First of all, the first few weeks of a puppy's life are very delicate and fragile. From a puppy that for some reason just doesn't thrive to mama accidently stepping or laying on one, there are so many things that can go wrong! By the 3/4 week mark, we are out of most of that danger zone and feel confident that everyone is thriving. The second reason is that we can start to get a potential glimpse of personality, eye color, amount of curl or wave in the coat, etc. Though we don't guarantee any of those things, we can make a fairly educated guess to help you in the selection process. So, around the 3-4 week mark, we get another round of pictures and begin the official choosing. Again, selection process goes in order down the deposit list. We contact the first person on the list, and they have up to 12 hours to make their selection and place the second payment on their chosen puppy. We require a second payment of $300 to verify that you are committed to choosing this particular puppy and being able to take him or her home in a few short weeks. Our first priority is to find wonderful homes for all of our puppies in timely fashion, and this helps facilitate that. Failure to make that choice and payment within the 12 hour period indicates that you are choosing to pass this litter. We will continue to move down the list until everyone is contacted or all puppies are spoken for. We will contact you when your number comes, even if we no longer have what you have specified just to verify that all plans are the same. When it comes your turn to choose, if we no longer have what you are looking for, your name will stay on the deposit list to wait for the next litter. After selection has been made, you will continue to receive weekly/bi-weekly picture updates on your puppy, as well as lots of information to help with the coming transition. We will also be actively confirming plans for puppy pick-ups. At this point, it won't be long before your wait is over and you are finally bringing home a Far Hill baby😊
*Prices and deposit process subject to change on unreserved puppies at any time* *All puppies subject to a 7% Iowa sales tax*
Important information to know before placing a deposit
Please consider that a standard Aussiedoodle is a large dog that can mature to around 50-65 pounds. The last thing we want is for you to purchase a puppy from us, and then find out down the road that he/she has grown too big for your home! If this is too large for you, please consider one of our moyen sized puppies that will mature to between 30-45 pounds.
Since an Aussiedoodle is little to no shedding, he/she will need to be groomed on a regular basis. Daily brushing is strongly encouraged to reduce mats in their fur. A visit to your groomer every 8 to 12 weeks is necessary as well.
Even though an Aussiedoodle sheds very little, we cannot guarantee that they will be hypoallergenic. If you have allergies to dogs, you need to do your own research on whether or not an Aussiedoodle is right for you. We would also encourage you to come visit some of our pups to see if you have a reaction.
Aussiedoodles are very smart and active dogs. Therefore, they will need lots of exercise. We know just how smart Australian Shepherds can be. Sometimes it's like they're reading our minds! Mixed with the poodle, an Aussiedoodle is a genius breed of a dog. We would encourage you to give your dog jobs and teach them new tricks (regardless of whether you get a puppy from us or not!). Please be sure that you are prepared to give an Aussiedoodle the exercise, time and training they need. Baxter and Bella is a fantastic program we highly recommend to help you train your puppy! Read all about it under our "Who We Are" tab. Don't forget to use our code, FARHILL, for 25% off!
When you get a dog, you need to ask yourself if you are at the right time in your life to get a puppy. Be prepared to give your new puppy the attention it deserves. Getting a dog is a long term commitment, and the first few weeks and months of that time is crucial! Sometimes, just waiting a month or two can make a huge difference! If you want an Aussiedoodle, but you just don't feel like now is the right time, please don't hesitate to get on our deposit list for a future litter.
We have an 18-month limit on the amount of time between when you place a deposit and bring a puppy home. This gives plenty of time to climb the list and still have several opportunities to choose a puppy. It also helps move the list along for everyone and eliminates the top of the list stalling out. If you know when you place your deposit that it will be a while until you are ready to bring home a puppy, please communicate that with us and we will mark that beside your name on the list. When that time comes around, you will have
Please consider the personality you would like in a dog. Too many people look at a cute face, but pay no regard to what that dog's personality will be like. Asking a few questions about temperament and personality now can save a lot of frustration down the road! That being said, please understand that we cannot guarantee a puppy's personality. We can give you an idea based on what we are seeing at the time, and often we get a pretty good feel by 3-8 weeks of age based on how they are responding and interacting with us and their litter mates. However, it is in no way a guarantee! We also feel strongly that training, socializing, and proper interaction works wonderful on all personalities. Please be willing to invest the time, effort and energy your puppy deserves to transform them into a wonderful lifetime friend!